Hey there, I’m Leah. I’m a real estate agent, and you’ve landed on my personal blog. I’m here to keep you up to date on community happenings and answer your real estate questions. My passion for real estate comes from the fact that I believe homeownership is for everyone. It’s one of the keystones to building wealth. Why pay someone else’s mortgage when you could be paying your own?
I think what has drawn me to want to work in real estate is my interest in architecture. When I first went off to college, I choose to study architecture. Soon after I had the opportunity to take a trip to Europe. It was during this trip that I realized what I really wanted was to build fanciful structures like Notre Dame or the beautiful bridges of Paris. I was not a fan of the new lines and modern designs that were coming out in the ’90s. And since I wasn’t likely to be hired for such fanciful work in this day and age, I switched majors, (a much longer story than should be told here.) But I love showing houses because I love to look at their architecture, I relish looking at their layouts and design features, and I enjoy seeing how people have decorated their homes.
On Being a “Salesperson”
The truth is I am a terrible salesperson. I suck at chit chat and feel awkward when first meeting people. I’ve never liked the idea of trying to talk somebody into something. But I found that I don’t have to feel like a salesperson to work in real estate. I just focus on helping others get what they want, and work from a place of contribution. The thing about real estate is that I’m never going to talk a person into buying a house they don’t really need or want. It’s not an impulse purchase. It takes planning and forethought. That is where I can be of service. I’m more likely to talk you out of something than I am to talk you into something.
Meet the Team!
When hire me to help you buy a home or when you decide it’s time to sell, you automatically get the benefit of having my whole team work for you too.
Yes, we sell houses, yes, this is a business. But our service is about so much more than that. We help people make sound decisions about their real estate investments that help mold their futures and improve their lives. I’m proud and deeply grateful to be able to earn a living doing so.
We are placed on this earth to be a contribution to others. If you’re thinking of buying a home, either as an investment or because you’re ready to find your dream home, my team and I would be honored to guide you. Or if you’re thinking of selling your home and looking for the best plan of action, I know my team, and I will serve you well.
5 Things You Might Not Know About Me
If you’ve read this far, thank you. I hope this is just the beginning of our relationship.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are 5 things you might not know about me.
- One of my unique talents is finding properties for my clients that haven’t hit the market yet.
- I always wanted to be a singer. Someday when my kids are grown, I might consider moving to Vegas to become a lounge singer.
- When architecture didn’t work out for me, I got a degree in French. By the time I was in my last year of college, 100% of my classes were exclusively spoken in French. To this day, I still dream in French, though I have never felt fluent
- My youngest daughter was born at home. Not on purpose, we just didn’t make it to the hospital in time. The entire thing was recorded by 911. My husband traded a 6 pack of beer for the recording, and continues to play for people to this day.
- I make wedding cakes. Once upon a time, I took a Wilton decorating class so that I could make whimsical birthday cakes for my kids. Now, whenever a family member gets married, I offer to make their cake. It’s my wedding gift to them, so they don’t have to spend the money.
Still with me? Let’s connect!